Share the Joy: Simple Pleasures





So, let's see. . . .  where's my joy?
Let me think.

Ok, you'll think I'm nuts,
but I love going to the market
where things are all organized and colorful.
It's a feast for the eyes and nose. . .
and even the taste buds,
since there are usually free samples of interesting cheeses
and fresh fruit.


I'm enjoying my new bicycle.
This isn't mine --- my new bike is a bright blue
and customized with a shortened crank and pedals
since my left knee complained about the longer ones
(it's had four surgeries, poor thing, 
since I blew it out skiing 20 years ago).
But I love this cheery pink and especially
the basket full of flowers.
My basket -- purchased yesterday and not yet hung in place --
will be carrying a soft, furry puppy
instead of flowers.
Too bad we can't make it all the way to this cupcake dispensary.



Seeing the deer in my back yard always makes me stop
and smile and hold my breath. . . . 
not move too quickly so I don't cause them to bound away
in fright. I'm just learning about deer-resistant plants,
but hey --- everybody has to eat.




How are you cultivating joy? 
Celebrate it.
Share it.

 

1. do a post that tells and shows what gives you joy.
  
2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into 
the Mr. Linky box along with your info.

3. Visit other players and let their joy infect you.

Leave them a comment because everyone
 enJOYS getting positive feedback.

Let's keep the epidemic of JOY going!

Comments

Oh Meri, I love your deer and am so happy you see such encounters as a pleasure and not a nuisance. I can rather relate to your supermarket fun as well, and as for the new bike, well that is indeed right up my alley :) Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful Thursday!
Kamana said…
i need a new bike too. love going on bike rides with my kids.
Leovi said…
Nice pictures, my favorite is the bike with flowers!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You