Share the Joy: Abundance



Please forgive me. Holiday weekends
mess with my mind 
and I'm convinced it's still Wednesday
so I'm late posting.

I have to admit that lately,
with all the getting-the-house-ready-to-sell
and trying-to-make-the-new-house-mine-
even-though-I'm-not-living-there-yet,
I've lost touch with some of the things I love most.
I'm not writing.
I don't keep a camera close by.

So the road trip I mentioned last week was a joyous blessing.
I drove to the eastern part of the state --
Pullman specifically --
home of Washington State University,
where I started my higher education.

There was some material in the university's manuscript collection
that pertained to my mother's family's trip by wagon train
to Washington Territory in 1862 that I wanted to peruse.

Once that was done, I meandered about the two-lane highways
and dusty lanes with a map of photo ops.


It's farming country, as you can see.


Some farms -- wheat ranches, often --
are prosperous
but other farms and homesteads are abandoned.


It was magical to come around a corner and see something
I wanted to capture through the lens.


It reminded me that my abundance lies in my joy
and I do myself a disservice
if I don't do what I love every day.


What's on your mind this week?
How are you cultivating joy? 

Celebrate it.
Share it.

 


1. do a post that tells and shows what gives you joy.
  2. capture the URL of the specific post and paste it into 
the Mr. Linky box along with your info.

3. Visit other players and let their joy infect you.
Leave them a comment because everyone
 enJOYS getting positive feedback.

Let's keep the epidemic of JOY going!

Comments

Alexa T said…
Same feeling as It is described by you in your words above!! Joy it's a matter of choice, a daily work... Thanks for your post! All the best! Alexa T
Unknown said…
So glad you enjoyed your trip. Your photos are beautiful. Making up for lost time there. Still sending up a little prayer for you that your house sells soon.
4 Lettre Words said…
Looks like a wonderful trip!
Anonymous said…
Lovely views Meri!
You asked in your comment on mine where I am off too - it's the same process that you just went through. Selling one house (1st phase) to move into the next (2nd phase). Hope that the first phase will SOON be over!
Kamana said…
those are some beautiful shots from your trip.
Sandy K. said…
Beautiful photographs to illustrate your joy. I am interested to know about the wagon train trip, as well! What great history there is in our family tree.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You