Share the Joy Thursday: Prayers and Beauty



There's a prayer called the Metta Prayer
that's part of the meditation practice
of a spiritual community headquartered in Boise
that some dear people I know are involved in.



There's so much heart in this prayer
and it's so acutely relevant in these troubled times
that it fills me with JOY to share it:

May all beings have fresh, clean water to drink.
May all beings have food to eat.

May all beings have a home.
May all beings have someone to share love with.
May all beings know their true purpose.
May all beings be well and happy.
May all beings be free from suffering.
Today I shall do what I can to make this so.




It brings me JOY
to think of the energetic shifts that would occur
if each of us said this prayer every day,
as often as we think of it
and for each of us to put our words into action.

It brings me JOY
to share my light and see the light in you.



It brings me JOY
to create photographs and works of art 
that might touch someone's heart.



It fills me with JOY to see beautiful things,
whether they're the creations of people
possessed of ancient wisdom or current inspiration


or God's own handiwork.



It gives me JOY to stand at the edge of the sea
and drink in the juicy air,
to hear the roar of the waves and the songs of seabirds.


It gives me JOY to know that our dear friend NOELLE
is finding concrete ways for us to make a difference
in the lives of people in Japan.
Click HERE to join in her efforts.


BLESSINGS AND LOVE to you --
especially all those whose hearts are heavy
and spirits sagging.

What gives you JOY?
To play along and share the joy:


1. do a post that tells and shows us what gives you joy.

2. capture the URL of the specific post 
and paste it into the Mr. Linky box 
along with your name.

3. visit other players -- as many as possible -- 
and let their joy infect you.  
Leave them a comment about their post.
Let's start an epidemic of joy!



Comments

deb did it said…
this post alone brings me such JOY...thank you Meri!
deb did it said…
I printed the Metta Prayer. I will repeat, again and again. Thank you
Kim Mailhot said…
We do a version of the metta prayer each week at my mediation class. It feels so good to send love, compassion and joy out into the world. I know it makes a difference - probably a bigger difference than we will ever know.
Thank you, Lovely Meri, for keeping the focus on the joy and the beauty. We all need this.
Love and light !
Carmen said…
your eyes are beautiful !!!
and yes i do love this prayer
abrazos para ti
rebecca said…
beautiful meri!!! you and this metta prayer.


ok all you jOY lovers...come stir my jOy for those in need!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You