Favorite Things: Light and Shadows


Find beauty not only in the thing itself


but in the pattern of the shadows,


the light and dark which that thing provides.


Junichiro Tanizaki (Japanese author, 1886 - 1965)



I love the interplay of light
and shadows,
how shadows bring a depth and richness
that delight the eye,
while pure bright light
sometimes overwhelms the details, 
making them seem insignificant.

Shadows too deep can, of course,
swallow the light for a time,
just like in life.

It's the interplay,
the sharing of the stage,
that brings a wholeness of vision.

For other Favorite Friday participants,
click on the FAVORITE FRIDAY icon.



Comments

So true and so beautiful. I would happily hang those photographs on a wall!
Martin said…
The interlocking worlds of shadow and light, where balance means beauty.
Shadows help us relate the space to its surroundings. Definetly beautiful.
Atticmag said…
Very artful photos. Brava. Jane F
Laura said…
What beautiful photographs.
Since I started blogging, one of my favorite things is seeing how photos look, once downloaded onto my computer.

I linked to the same party.
Come by if you have time.

Laura

White Spray Paint

I am now a follower-
rebecca said…
i have been away from everyone...tending to the details of the shrines..i have missed you all.
your beauty greeting me, is the welcome i have craved.

thank you.
xoxoxoxo,
r
sperlygirl said…
i love the shadows along the fence - so peaceful.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You