Raindrops. . .



The word for the day is

raindrops.

Raindrops on roses,
raindrops hanging for dear life on the leaves and twigs
of my coral bark maple.

Raindrops dripping down your face like tears.
Raindrops pattering a soothing sound on your roof.

Raindrops filling the creek behind my house
so the ducks can body-surf from the bridge to the pond.


Raindrops.
Have any fallen lately into your life?

Are they helping things grow
or making you think you might drown?

If there's too much rain falling around you,
stop complaining. Complaining doesn't stop the rain.
It makes you focus on what you don't want.
Just let your friends
shelter you with their umbrellas of love.


Comments

will said…
I'll trade two buckets of my rain for one of your raindrops!
JP/deb said…
Love this!!

Complaining doesn't stop the rain. It makes you focus on what you don't want.

Wise words :)
poefusion said…
such a soothing photo. doesn't make me miss the rain though. i'll take sunshine any day and we've had plenty lately. have a great day.
We have sun today as what was left of Ida moved away. No storm, just rain. I love the picture and the philosophy of complaining...

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You