Success!


One new and newly configured computer
with a photo card reader
later

and I can show you
some pictures from the Baja Peninsula.


The first day, of course,
we slathered ourselves with SPF 30
and let our feet take us to the pool
with the swim-up bar.

I, being the whitest girl on any beach,
tried to position myself in the shade.
But Adrienne

got right into the swim of things
and so did Sarah.

And after a Margarita at the swim-up bar
and a dip in the saltwater pool
we all settled in to read
while enjoying the sound of waves
crashing on the beach.


You can see my first selection -
"The 19th Wife."

And I was ever so proud of myself
for not getting sunburned.

What I didn't know
is that a new medication
was making me sunlight-sensitive
and I ended up with a beet-red rash
and allergy-induced hives
all over my back and chest.
It itched like crazy.

Thank goodness for Benadryl!

So Sarah and Adrienne
swam and suntanned every day

and I learned to love the view
from our shady sixth-floor deck.


I guess you might say
I'm a Shady Lady.



Comments

Happy Vacation! Your friends all seem to have a good time, with or without the bar samples.
Mmmmmm - makes me want to book a winter vacation in azure blue waters right now!!
Relyn Lawson said…
Hey, Shady Lady. So glad you had a great time.
~JarieLyn~ said…
Glad you had a great time, but that rash doesn't sound fun. The same thing happened to my husband a few months back. Crazy.
Delwyn said…
Hello Itchy Lady

I hope if was a relaxing time though...


Happy days

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes Things Aren't What They Seem

Haiku My Heart: May the Fourth Be With You